Trained peer support workers offer you the chance to talk with someone who has experienced a problematic relationship with gambling… and recovered!
A Peer Support Worker can:
- Offer HOPE, that you too can overcome your gambling problems
- Support the client’s journey of recovery at their pace and in their individual way
- Listen and offer support
- Provide practical information
- Understand recovery as an ongoing, lifetime process which can be cyclical and not linear
- Share what they have learned to support your recovery
- Provide one-on-one support, with flexible delivery (location, time etc.)
- Advocate for you, where possible and with permission
- Celebrate your achievements and remind you of your progress
Peer Support Services also work collaboratively in partnership with:
- Offenders Rehabilitation Services (OARS)
- Catherine House
- Baptist Care SA
- Gambling Intervention Program (GIP)
Peer Support offers both group and individual support:
- SMART Recovery
- IKIGAI – Relapse Prevention Group
- Inside Out Program – Forensic Support
The Peer Support Service is a free confidential service offered as part of Relationships Australia SA’s Gambling Help Service.
Click HERE to make an appointment or call us now on 08 8216 5246 (9am-5pm Mon to Fri and if out-of-hours, please leave a message), or send an email anytime to email@example.com.