Is it worth going to talk to someone? Is this a problem or am I exaggerating? It is a problem if:
- You are distressed by it – it doesn’t matter whether other people would be distressed by it, too, or not. Your feelings are always valid and important. We can help you make further sense and assist you in working out how you want to respond.
- You and/or your family or children are negatively affected by gambling.
- You feel worried about your finances.
- It is affecting your sleep, eating, general health or functioning.
- You feel confused and stuck and don’t know how to move forward.
- You don’t know how to support your gambling partner, family member, friend or colleague.
Talking to someone who has a lot of experience in this field can be very helpful in feeling clearer and empowered to take charge of your life again. Many people report that they have found it useful in working out how they can continue to love and support the person who gambles and keep themselves and their interests safe at the same time.
The Gambling Help Services Support Package
- Free and confidential
- Based on what you want
- Everything that happens to you in counselling is decided by you
- Work collaboratively
- Promote self-determination
- Culturally safe